Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just started tonight!


I picked out my own Mother's Day gift and seeing as how I am a little "off" the garden these days I decided to postpone my typical trip to the local nursery and instead pick a knitting pattern and make something for me (other than socks) now that I've lost so much weight. I'd fallen in love with the Summertime Tunic in the latest Interweave Knits and so a trip to the local LYS was in order. I still have not looked at anything in the magazine besides this pattern! I didn't want to knit it up in DK and wanted to make it larger (to fit my..um..ample..um..girls) and roomier because I intend to wear it over a bathing suit or tank. Happily we found K2Ctoo's, 2nd Time Cotton to be the perfect worsted weight substitute and in a lovely beachy colorway called Nantucket. I cast on tonight and am already an inch in and happily knitting in circles-except for when I am itchy. Nothing completely takes my mind off the itchy. Sigh. Oh and the other neat thing is at only $6.50 a skein and 180 yards on each it's a very reasonably priced tank at that!! I look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

YAY! Can't wait to see it!!!