Time to Untangle
Just wanted to give you all an update before I begin the daunting task of untangling the rest of the yarn being used for this project. The yarn was originally intended for another tank that came with sort of difficult instructions. After encountering numerous issues while trying to wind the yarn into a ball, I decided to put that project on hold. This is the how much progress I've made so far. The second image is how the yarn looks out in the sun.
Since this project is so simple, I took the opportunity to unburden my stash. But wait, this is still the same yarn. Let's review the issues I'm having now.
I swear I went down a needle size for the ribbing. It's not syncing at the waist the way that it should. This shouldn't be a major problem on a pear-shaped person as my self, so I'll continue on. I think this occurred because the yarn has absolutely no elasticity, but I'm not sure. I also don't like the fact that the ribbing kinda disappears in the variegated pattern. I like that little detail.
The yarn is full of what I call BS joins. In some places it seems like some sore of gelatinous compounds were used. It's not very effective.
Some holes have resulted when the BS yarn joins failed.
There are also several snaggy strands. I've been able to hide most of them except this one.
So, I'll be close by happily watching the progress of you all, but because the sheer volume of untangling necessary, I expect to be the last one to post a finished product. Ciao for now!