Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Finished and Posted!

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't kept you more up-to-date on my progress. I did finish this about two or three weeks ago but couldn't find the time to get a picture and post it. That's what you get for taking a summer college course in five weeks. But here it is:

Me posing in my drive way while my mother takes the picture.


Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus in3590 Lavender
Needles: Additurbo U.S. sizes 6 and 3

I had several issues with this including four inches in (about to start the ribbing) that I had twisted the entire piece. I almost died! But you move on. Otherwise it was alright. I do not know if I'd knit this again or not because, though it was easy, it was time consuming and the stockinette really got to me after a while. If I were to knit it again, I'd knit it in pure cotton (instead of a cotton/acrylic blend which surprised me when I read the label) and potentially knit it a bit smaller. I knit it for a 36" bust casting on 206 stitches. And though I enjoy this piece and wear it often (even though I just got the white ribbon today) I wish it were a bit tighter.

Hope you enjoy! Good luck to the rest of you!

Green T Knits


4 comments:

Susan said...

It looks good. I have finaly tried on mine, and I think it'll be a bit slouchy too.

Knitters-Delight

carlita dee said...

Yours is so cute! You've almost convinced me to get serious and start mine, lol.

Lydia said...

It looks great! I wouldn't recommend 100% cotton tho, the ribbing wouldn't really hold and I've found that unless its really expensive cotton, it stretches out too much when you wear it. Just a tip!

zebstriped said...

It looks wonderful, you've inspired me to pick this back up again and get it done so that I can wear it this year!